What I learned from closing a multi-million dollar deal in 11 days
Intended Audience: Strategic and enterprise sellers, quota carriers, sales leaders and managers, founders, CEOs, CROs
Highlights: How to position yourself and company to land large deals quickly. Here are five lessons to consider and incorporate into your strategic selling process:
- Be ready for the challenge by creating the capacity to sprint hard
- Sprinting hard in short bursts on large deals requires building up your professional stamina, or “opportunity capacity”
- Opportunity capacity is built over time with deliberate focus and is a holistic approach to work/life integration
- Dedicate time to go deep into thinking creatively and collaborating effectively within a small team to deliver a compelling proposal
- Don’t forget the bigger picture and to remain grateful and humble after the win
Start with the Intent
I debated on writing this article considering the macro events occurring in our world and that so many people have been suffering — from frontline healthcare and essential workers risking their lives every day, to friends and family losing loved ones, to small business owners and employees experiencing economic pain, to social injustice continuing to divide us. I did not want this article to be perceived as another person with privilege bragging about their gains when so many don’t have access to the same opportunity.
However, what reminded me to forge ahead was my past.
It wasn’t too long ago when I was in my mid-20s, deep in debt, working two jobs to just pay rent (which was often late), and struggling to make it in NYC. I was reminded of that version of me who knew things would get better, but it just wasn’t quite crystal clear on how.
I am writing this article to that person, knowing there are several others out there who want to do good and achieve big things in their careers and lives.